Friday, December 18, 2009

Family Time at the Holidays


This is a hilarious picture. Ever feel like the holidays is just like that...you might feel like you get too much of the family time...or perhaps, their thoughts and ideas for your life take away the space between you.




Well, I'm glad to have family...crazy or semi-normal...too much advice or love...I love spending time with family and friends. I have been feeling very anxious about becoming a parent. It's a crazy road to go down, but I have wanted this for a very long time.




I'm hoping that I will be able to show my kids love, comfort and direction without ending up like this picture. I know it will not be easy. I have control issues that I'm working on. I trust God to guide and direct me...to correct me when I misguide or judge. May each of you enjoy your family and friends....may God guide us in balancing life.




There is so much I have learned from my family and friends...some good...some not how I'd like to do it...but I have learned nonetheless...and I'm very thankful for each and everyone of them.




May God direct us into helping people...family or friends...or strangers...to their full potential in life. Be a block that helps them climb the mountain, instead of a stumbling block! :) That's what I'm hoping to be for my future children...my family...my friends...my co-workers..and strangers I meet...it will not be easy...because I know how much I get in the way...but I am going to do my best...and pray everyday that God pushes me aside!

2 comments:

the midnight bloom said...

i love that photo!

Sandra Lee said...

Hello there:
What a beautiful blogger web site & family. Have not read all of your blogs, but a few; enough to know that you are a young woman of God & that you desire to serve your husband & future children. I'm glad that you are aware at this stage of the game that you have "control issues", because you are miles ahead of what I was at your age. I am a retired woman now who has grown children, grandchildren, & 4 GREAT grandchildren, and my control issues of yesteryear have come back to haunt me in my old age. My daughter has not spoken to us in almost 4 years because she blames me for every wrong decision I ever made, even though I THOUGHT I was as good a mother as I could be at the time. So you are wise to take stock of those issues, and continue to pray that God delivers you from them, so that you won't try to control your family, but love & enjoy them. When my 2 kids grew up, they said that when they left home they didn't know how to make decisions, because we had always made them for them. so, as your kids get older, let them share in decision making...I wish I had. Well, I intend to follow your blogs & watch your progress. Congrats on starting your family, & I pray everything will go well for you and your hubby. Blessings, Sandy