Friday, December 18, 2009
Well, I'm glad to have family...crazy or semi-normal...too much advice or love...I love spending time with family and friends. I have been feeling very anxious about becoming a parent. It's a crazy road to go down, but I have wanted this for a very long time.
I'm hoping that I will be able to show my kids love, comfort and direction without ending up like this picture. I know it will not be easy. I have control issues that I'm working on. I trust God to guide and direct me...to correct me when I misguide or judge. May each of you enjoy your family and friends....may God guide us in balancing life.
There is so much I have learned from my family and friends...some good...some not how I'd like to do it...but I have learned nonetheless...and I'm very thankful for each and everyone of them.
May God direct us into helping people...family or friends...or strangers...to their full potential in life. Be a block that helps them climb the mountain, instead of a stumbling block! :) That's what I'm hoping to be for my future children...my family...my friends...my co-workers..and strangers I meet...it will not be easy...because I know how much I get in the way...but I am going to do my best...and pray everyday that God pushes me aside!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. -Chinese Proverb
If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.
When you suffer and lose, that does not mean you are being disobedient to God. In fact, it might mean you're right in the center of His will. The path of obedience is often marked by times of suffering and loss. - Chuck Swindoll
In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich. -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Embrace your uniqueness. Time is much too short to be living someone else's life.
I have a 'Play The Melody' philosophy. It means don't over-arrange, don't make life difficult. Just play the melody—and do it the simplest way possible. -Jackie Gleason
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on.
The person who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Ever try to get up to go to the bathroom and sweat to death by just the efforts it takes to do so? Well, that gives you some insight for how I'm doing. I'm ready for this thing to say goodbye. One of my really good friends made a hilarious remark....at least God didn't take an organ this time to slow you down.....now I have to admit that is funny...I've been praising God for sparing another organ.
I hope all of you are taking care of yourselves, because this is not fun....not even close to a good time. Thanks for all the prayers. Love you!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
This is an awesome saying. I think I shall keep dancing through all the storms that hit my life. God is so good in making things very clear to me. I just tend to hide behind clouds when I'm not getting the lesson I'm supposed to learn. I tend to sulk and flounder! It's not fun having the pity parties, yet it's so easy to get to....well...............
I just have to say that today....I LOVE MY LIFE...I LOVE DANCING...bring on the storms, because I will learn how to dance during each of them...even if it takes me some time to get the lesson!
Start dancing today! There is so much that happens in our lifetime...learning how to get through it...surviving it...is an accomplishment that gets us through the next one! Good luck!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Oh yes, I said MOUSE...and actually MICE Problems. I've had more people talk about mice problems than ever before. We are actually cursed/blessed with these creatures. I'm not happy at all! I've always associated mice with filth...and if you've ever been to my house...it is close to spotless most the time. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Any ways, we have tried sticky pads, self containing traps and green poison, but they are not going away. It's very frustrating....extremely frustrating. I'm hoping that "Just One Bite" will actually work. Michael is supposed to go buy it today....so pray for us. The babies may look cute, but it's not cute at all. It's gross and disgusting! I've been going to extreme cleaning mode, which is driving Michael crazy.
I just want this to be resolved. We've never had to deal with them in our married life, so I guess it was time for our turn...I just don't like it. I will say....lots of people are dealing with this very problem...so Good luck to all of you dealing with it. One of my friends gave me some major advice so I thought I'd share. By the way....our mice have started leaving green droplets...so we know they are eating the poison, but they seriously are super mice...never thought I'd meet a rodent as stubborn as myself. :)
Mice, mostly active at night, often invade homes during the fall months when outdoor temperatures become colder. Mice contaminate food for humans, pets and livestock. They can damage structures and property.
Mice, being so small, can gain entry to homes and buildings quite easily. They are excellent climbers, can leap twelve inches from the floor onto a flat space. Mice can squeeze through openings ¼ inch across. To effectively control mice involves sanitation, exclusion, and population reduction.
Sanitation and exclusion are preventative measures. Clean up areas that provide mouse habitat, and block access to home and buildings. Block openings with steel wool or foam insulation products. However, once a mouse infestation already exists, trapping or baiting is almost always a necessity to reduce populations.
Trapping works well when mice are not numerous or can be used as a follow-up measure after a baiting program. If you trap, you have a choice of snap traps or multi-capture live traps. Place traps where you see mice activity. Key sites are along walls, dark corners, or any site that shows mouse activity. Place traps no more than ten feet apart where you see mouse activity. Peanut butter is good bait for snap traps.
An alternative to traps are glue boards. Place glue boards near walls where mice travel. Do not place glue boards where children or other pets can reach them. If-non-target animals get caught on a glue board they can be removed by using vegetable oil as a solvent.
If you use baits to control mice be sure to read and follow all instructions. Most baits use an anticoagulant, to cause mouse death. Anticoagulants cause death due to internal bleeding the anticoagulant baits provide good to excellent mouse control when placed in suitable locations for mice. Anticoagulants have the same effect on all warm-blooded animals, but sensitivity to these toxins varies among species. If misused, anticoagulants can cause death to pets, livestock or desirable wildlife that feed on the bait. Residues of anticoagulants that may be present in bodies of dead or dying rodents can cause toxic effects to scavengers or predators. However, this secondary effect is relatively low where baits are used properly.
Baits often in pellet form, are packaged in plastic or cellophane packets to keep baits fresh and to be easily placed into burrow walls or other locations. Place baits no more than ten feet apart where mice are active.
Bait stations are useful when putting out baits. They protect the baits from weather and provide a safeguard to people, pets and wildlife. A bait station should have two openings one inch in diameter and should be large enough to accommodate several mice at one time.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
2009 Oklahoma State University GAME SCHEDULE
Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
09/05/09 vs. Georgia Boone Pickens Stadium 2:30 p.m. CT
09/12/09 vs. Houston Boone Pickens Stadium 2:30 p.m. CT
09/19/09 vs. Rice Boone Pickens Stadium 6:00 p.m. CT
09/26/09 vs. Grambling St. Boone Pickens Stadium 6:00 p.m. CT
10/10/09 at Texas A&M College Station, Texas TBA
10/17/09 vs. Missouri Boone Pickens Stadium TBA
10/24/09 at Baylor Waco, Texas TBA
10/31/09 vs. Texas Boone Pickens Stadium TBA
11/07/09 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa TBA
11/14/09 vs. Texas Tech Boone Pickens Stadium TBA
11/19/09 vs. Colorado Boone Pickens Stadium 6:30 p.m. CT
11/28/09 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla. TBA
12/05/09 Big 12 Championship Arlington, Texas 7:00 p.m. CT
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Here's what Wikipedia has to offer:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Night Owl.
Owls are often nocturnal.
Night owl is a term used to describe a person who tends to stay up until late at night. Another name for a night owl is evening person.
The term is derived from the primarily nocturnal habits of the owl. Usually, people who are night owls keep awake past midnight and extreme night owls may stay awake until just before or after dawn. Night owls tend to feel most energetic just before they go to sleep at night.
Some night owls have a preference or habit for staying up late, or stay up to work the night shift. Night owls who work the day shift often have a problem with being on time to work. Some night owls who have great difficulty adopting normal sleeping and waking times may have delayed sleep phase syndrome.
The opposite of a night owl is an early bird, a lark as opposed to owl, someone who tends to begin sleeping at a time that is considered early and also wakes early.
In several countries, early birds are called "A-people" and night owls are called "B-people". Researchers traditionally use the terms morningness and eveningness.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
My new obsession....I love his music. Robert Pattinson may be portraying Edward Cullen...and doing a very nice job at that...but I love his music. Everything that I've looked up finds me trying to dig for more. He isn't going to be recording an album any time soon, but I'm glad there are some out there. He's very musically talented. Go to http://www.airmp3.net/search/robert_pattinson/mp3/a to hear some of his songs that do exist. Not all the links work. I would love for him to record an album...here's to wishful thinking...Enjoy!
Friday, August 14, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
1. Visiting family and friends (There's never enough quality time to see my peeps like I'd like to)!
2. Cleaning out the clutter (I know...it's twisted, but I love to organize).
3. Updating my IPOD...so much music that I own needs to be added.
4. Read the books I've bought over the years (there are a lot).
5. MOVIES...watching all types of movies....I love movies...they are a great escape.
6. Scrapbooking....I have tons of pics that I'd love to put in my empty books.
7. Workout...oh how I miss working out...especially with my running buddies...don't give up on me!
8. Traveling...going to places I haven't been...but having time to take pics and explore.
Yes, these are just some of the things that I'd love to do when I have some time....hopefully on my upcoming staycation...that would be nice. I do manage to squeeze a few of these every now and then. What about you....if you had time...what would you do?
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
1. Rain: it can smell so good...it reminds me that things can be washed again and again and again...a starting over.
2. Roses: so sweet!
3. Babies: They always have that baby powder smell...it's also a reminder of innocents and a hopeful future...miraculous smell!
4. Snuggles Fabric Softener: Just lifts me up and makes me float.
5. Amber Sensual: though Bath and Body took away from wall scent...they still have it in lotion form...it is magnificent!
6. Food: I just love homemade food...especially something baking in the oven...you know it's almost done when it starts to fill the house with pure sugary goodness....yummy!
7. Husband: he has some awesome cologne now...let's just say it's very very nice! :) *giggles and smiles*
8. Romance Perfume...my absolute favorite....I just get lost in it...it's so pure and refreshing...and makes me feel beautiful.
Okay, there are so many more smells that I love. These are just some of them. Now your turn, tell me your top 8 smells. Praise God for my nose...especially that it works for the most part! :) HAHAHAHAHA I look forward to finding out your smells!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Tulsa County Free Fair - July 21 - 26
- Set up
- Judging and Display day
- Farm To You - Child Care Day
- Bluegrass Ice Cream Festival
- 4-H Alumni Reunion & Dinner
Tulsa County Record Books and County Youth Officer Election - August 6
4-H Metamorphosis Leadership Retreat for new County officer team, Ambassadors and Jr. Ambassadors - August 7 & 8
4-H On TRAC Club Training and Volunteering Training with all Community Clubs in Tulsa County - August 10 - 14
Then I will be on annual leave - plans TBD August 20 - 24
WOW... it makes me really tired typing all that....it's going to be nuts! Hopefully, I can get some personal time in...most importantly...my running TRAINING!
Well....I'm not home yet to do that schedule...I should probably sleep on the bus ride home...yes, that's what I SHOULD do...pray that I get some sleep.
8:00am - Load Bus for Home
Lunch & Dinner on road
9:00pm- Arrive Okmulgee
Another summer day
has come and gone away
In Paris or Rome...
but I wanna go home...
may be surrounded by
a million people I
still feel all alone
just wanna go home
I miss you, you know
And I've been keeping all the letters
that I wrote to you,
Each one a line or two
I'm fine baby, how are you?
I would send them but I know that it's just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that
Another aeroplane, another sunny place,
I'm lucky I
I wanna go home
I got to go home
Let me go home
I'm just too far from where you are
I wanna come home
And I feel just like I'm living
someone else's life
It's like I just stepped outside
when everything was going right
And I know just why you could not come along with me
This was not your dream
but you always believed in me...
Another winter day
Has come and gone away
in either Paris or Rome
and I wanna go home
Let me go home
And I'm surrounded by
A million people I
still feel alone
Let me go home
I miss you , you know
Let me go home
I've had my run
baby I'm done
I gotta go home
Let me go home
it'll all be alright
I'll be home tonight
I'm coming back home"
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Lunch on Road
6:00pm - Arrive Nashville
Hang out at Opryland Mall
On the road againLike a band of gypsies we go down the highway
On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
Friday, July 17, 2009
- Destroyer Barry - USS Navy Ship http://www.history.navy.mil/visit/visit5.htm
- United States Botanic Gardens http://www.usbg.gov/
- Smithsonian - National Museum of American History http://americanhistory.si.edu/
- Smithsonian - National Museum of Natural History http://www.mnh.si.edu/
- Embassy Row (if time) http://www.washingtonwalks.com/tours/embassy-row.
6:00pm - Meet Back at 4-H Center
7:30pm - Hard Rock Café Group Meal (Bus)
I can't wait to buy a magnet from here! I collect them...yes I do...and I'm proud of it! :)
Thursday, July 16, 2009
9:00am - Tour Washington Monument
9:30am - Free day Tour
- Ford Theater & Petersen House Presentation and Tour
- "One Destiny" (2person Play) or Park Ranger Presentation
- United State Holocaust Memorial Museum
- US Bureau of Engraving & Printing
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
8:00am –Wake up & Breakfast National 4-H Center(orange polos, khakis, shorts acceptable)9:00am - Load bus for legislative visit with Congressman Boren
12:00pm - Lunch Union Station1:00pm - Capitol Tour
2:30pm - Cathedral
Visit http://www.nationalcathedral.org/visit/ for more information! :) Wonder if I can find some of the strange things from the movies. HMMMMMMMM we shall see.
6:00pm - Dinner at 4-H Center8:00pm - Load Bus for Monument Tour - YIPPEEEEEEEE - Touring at night...everything lit up...priceless....you couldn't pay enough to see it all! :)
He was hilarious in Night at the Museum 2! :)
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
8:30am - Leave for Monticello
9:00am-12:00pm - Tour Monticello
1:00pm - Leave for Arlington
3:00pm-5:30pm - Tour Arlington
8:00pm - Free time
Monday, July 13, 2009
Morning- Cherokee Farm and Traditional Games
Noon- Meal in Cherokee
1:00pm – Depart for Charlottesville, Virginia (Meal on road )
Where morning sun becomes your friend;
An eagle and a hawk soon soar above;
While well below are the calls of robins and doves;
A whitetail deer heads home on an early morning trail;
Frank Goss, 2006
Sunday, July 12, 2009
7:30am – Leave on Bus for Oconaluftee Indian Village for the morning
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Here's Day 1's schedule:
6:00am- Check in at the Creek Nation Complex
6:30am- Depart Okmulgee
2 meals on the way to Cherokee North Carolina
10:00pm-11:00pm- Arrive at Cherokee, NC
It's a looooooonnnnnnggggg day! Keep praying for safe travels! :)
Friday, July 10, 2009
Any ways, please send prayers up for safe travel, good behaviors and awesome stories. I look forward to reporting back to you, plus posting all the pics on facebook. 4:30 a.m. will come too soon though...the only downfall I see in the plans. We have to be in Oklmulgee by 6:00 a.m. and I have teenagers staying at my house for a shorter drive. We have 4 going from Tulsa County...YIPPEE! Let the memories begin! :) Toodles...Trip 1 of many more to come!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- Slept in
- Time with Aunt Tracy: Sauna, Soul Food, Delicious lunch (healthy as can be), tea time(finished off two pots) and conversation. I always have a fab time with her. She gets my attitude/soul adjusted!
- I got to eat with one of my dear friends, Amy Hartling, at one of my favorite places to eat "In the Raw" on the hill! FABULOUS AND GORGEOUS time together. We even did some shopping together.
- Movie Time: "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere and Diane Lane - very sad movie, but worth it. "Rachel Getting Married" with Anne Hathaway - strange movie, but had some meaning.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
- Slept in a little
- Dr. Appt to see if we could proceed with fertility treatment - WE WERE ABLE TO...PRAISE GOD! Trigger shot for next day!
- Shopping Day with Sheryl - we shopped and had a blast! I got some really cute clothes, plus did the new eye brow "Dazzle" treatment....very freaky, but turned out really good. Sheryl got her ear pierced with the second holes.
- Michael and I ate out and spent some time together. I love spending time with him...we always have fun.
- Movie Time: "New in Town" with Harry Connick Jr. and Renee Zellwinger - very cute movie.
Friday, June 12, 2009
- Sheryl got to my house before 8:00 a.m. to do my trigger shot! Pray, pray, pray and believe God will make a miracle! :)
- Sheryl and I watched a very strange movie "Cake Eaters". It was slow, yet I have a new respect for Kristen Stewart as an actress.
- Watched the amazing storm that took place. It was fabulous and brought back great childhood memories.
- Shopped a little more...had to take some stuff back from a previous shopping trip.
- Michael and I attended the 1st of 3 events for his CPHS 10 Year Reunion! We were at Minute Man Pizza. It was nice to see another side of Michael's life.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
- Slept in - doctor and Michael's orders! :)
- Fertility Treatment - nerves were up, but I'm excited at the same time. We are believing that God will give us exactly what his plans are for us. May God continue to be with us on this adventure! :) We got to enjoy breakfast together and I got WAFFLES! YUMMY!
- Michael and I attended the 2nd of 3 events for his CPHS 10 Year Reunion! We were at the Sand Springs Skating Rink. It has been a long...extremely long time since I've had a pair of skates on me. It was a blast. I got back in the game and enjoyed skating...I promise I didn't go too crazy, but I have to say...I like me some skating time...any time! :)
- Michael and I did get to eat Panera for a later lunch....I had chicken noodle and the Fuji Apple Salad...1st time to have it...wow I didn't know they made apple vinaigrette...DELICIOUS!
- Michael and I attended the 3rd of 3 events for his CPHS 10 Year Reunion! We were at the Crowne Plaza for the Semi Formal and Dinner. I had a blast, but of course I would...there was dancing. I love, love, love to dance. The girls from his class were great. We danced and danced and danced some more. I can't say that to you that I took it easy...the music just takes over and my body has to react...even with my silly moves! I'm so glad we went!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
- We went to church (Fellowship Church) and Pastor Matt blew me away with the UN Relevant: Are we too political? He raised a lot of conversation in me. We followed the service with eating at one of my favorite restaurants Red Rock Canyon. We ate with Jerry and Kaye! I love hanging out with them. There was amazing praises for what God has done for all of us, plus we had a deeper discussion about the sermon. It was the best of times!
- Michael and I went shopping a little bit. I got my dad's birthday present!
- Actually took a nap..much needed!
- Drove to Cushing to spend time with my Cooper Family. We had a cookout at my brothers house. My family prayed over Michael and I per our request. I praise God for giving me a wonderful christian family! It was good eats and fellowship.
- Michael left me there to spend the night with my mom and dad. I stayed up late watching movies with my mom (we are night owl's). "House Bunny" with Anna Faris - HILARIOUS, so wasn't what I thought it was going to be. "He's Just Not That Into You" with a ton of actors I love - I've seen this one with Michael. I really liked it. It really shows you that what goes around comes around....and you don't get away with making bad choices!
Monday, June 15, 2009
- I was in Cushing all day. I slept in till 11:00 since I didn't go to bed until 4:00 or so...yes am!
- I got to eat lunch with the the kids, sister-in-law, her Aunt and my mom. The turkey sandwich at Naifeh's Deli and Grill is fabulous. I have to get it every time. I had way too many tots! :)
- My mom and I went to Old Songs "Sung Here" Antique shop. I have to admit I love antique shopping. You never know what treasure you will find. I found some shelves, across and notepads for the frig.
- Swimming at the City Water Park with my niece and nephew. I actually got some much needed sun. It was a blast with them, plus I caught up with some high school friends of mine.
- Watched my nephew play t-ball....loved this...I caught up with even more friends from my past...it was perfect. Michael got to be there. We ate with my family afterwards at Naifeh's again. This time I had a burger and side salad. GOOD TIMES!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
- Tough day...I stayed in bed for a long time...I needed to get re-centered again. God is blessing so many ladies with pregnancies. It was tough to get all of them told to me in just a couple of days....15, yes, fifteen in just two days. It's tough to hear that when you are trying so hard to get pregnant yourself.......BUT....God takes care of me always. I'm so happy for each of the ladies, because I know just how perfect everything has to be for there to be a miracle created..................SO....I know He is done with me yet...He's just getting started.
- God gave me a miracle today...I owed the labs $182.07 for past testing...when I called to pay...Emanuel (awesome) told me I owed only $2.73. Now that is a God thing! Praise Him for that, especially since our fertility treatment is a little over a $100 more than we were estimated!
- I had great conversations with Aunt Tracy, Ale and Jennifer T.
- I got pictures posted to Facebook from previous events...I'm posting all my phone pics today (Wed.).
- Michael brought me lunch from an old favorite of my..."Impressions" yummy...homemade...adn I mean from scratch...carrot cake with real icing and chicken salad sandwich...my mouth waters just thinking about it! Thanks honey! We had a deep discussion and I felt like we are getting on the same page a little better than before....praise God!
- Prayer Closet time....yes, sadly I've taken time away from my prayer closet...it was good to get back in there. God has shown me during my staycation what's important to me...I'm getting re-centred and loving it. I feel like me again.
- Women's Bible Study at church - we started our first night with the "Believing God" Beth Moore Study...WOW, it's exactly what I need at this time! Praise God on High. I even have Wanda Blair, amazing Christian women, as my partner....now that's another God thing.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
- Today was supposed to be my first day back to work, but I felt I needed one more day.....I was right! Thanks God for today!
- I slept in....ate breakfast with my hubby...and...watched "Pushing Daises" while eating popcorn.
- I've been typing out this overview...sorry for the length...and am smiling. This has been the best vacation in a long time. I've been able to catch up with God, old and new friends and family.
- I've been so blessed with the magnitude of people praying for Michael and I...it makes my hear and soul happy to know that we have such an awesome support system.
- I'm going to do some re-organizing and bible study today.
If you ever need to be re-centered or just relaxed.....try a Staycation! It's totally worth it!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
No one said life would be fair...no one said you'd get everything that you want....but I know for sure....I want to live my life with unlimited potential and success. It may take me longer on some mountains, but I do get those dang things climbed....some eventually! :) Sometimes I even run up them...others I have to stop and sit on the side of the mountain for a long time....but I still don't stop for long.
I may be crazy...I may take too long to get a lesson...but at least I still sign up ffor each climb after climb once I figure out what that mountain means for me. I try to look into my tool shed of climbing gear to see if I can reuse or recycle....now time to time...I like to get into what I call the hamster wheel....it just looks like it won't be the hamster wheel...until one day I look around...hit my forehead with my palm...and go...dang it...I'm back in the hamster wheel...I do eventually get out of it...and continue to climb my mountain.
This may confuse you...and that is fine...but I'm feeling very empowered today...which means I've just stepped out of another hamster wheel that I so graciously got stuck in...I was working my butt off, but not getting anywhere! :)
All I know for sure in whatever life brings any one of us....get your gear and start climbing whatever your mountain looks like...it's important to give a shout up to God to see what you need to be doing...it's harder when you try to do it on your own...at least that's what happens for me.
Just remember that no matter how down you get...or stuck...remember to have unlimited possibilities....I dare you to "defy gravity"......that's what I'm doing right now....I may not win all the battles, but I know I will win the war...with the help of my heavenly father! GOOD LUCK!
Listen to this song...it's just one song that got me pumped up the past two days! :)
A woman "Defying Gravity" as we speak, Chrissy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
(Copyright by Stephen Schwartz. Used with permission.)
Why couldn't you have stayed calm, for once! Instead of flying off the handle -- !
I hope you're happy
I hope you're happy now
I hope you're happy how you've
Hurt your cause forever
I hope you think you're clever
I hope you're happy
I hope you're happy too
I hope you're proud how you would
Grovel in submission
To feed your own ambition
GLINDA & ELPHABA
So though I can't imagine how
I hope you're happy
Elphie, listen to me. Just say you're sorry!
You can still be with The Wizard
What you've worked and waited for
You can have all you ever wanted -
But I don't want it - No!
I can't want it anymore
Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by
The rules of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes
It's time to try defying gravity
I think I'll try defying gravity
And you can't pull me down
Can't I make you understand
You're having delusions of grandeur?
I'm through accepting limits
Cuz someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try I'll never know
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost
I'd sooner buy defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!
Glinda, come with me. Think of what we could do - together!
Together we're unlimited
Together we'll be the greatest team There's ever been - Glinda!
Dreams the way we planned 'em
If we work in tandem
GLINDA & ELPHABA
There's no fight we cannot win
Just you and I, defying gravity
With you and I defying gravity
They'll never bring us down!
Well, are you coming?
(GLINDA decides to stay behind.)
I hope you're happy
I hope your happy now that your choosing this -
You too--I hope it brings you bliss
GLINDA & ELPHABAI really hope you get it
And you don't live to regret it
I hope you're happy in the end
I hope you're happy my friend
So if you care to find me
Look to the Western sky!
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who ground me
Take a message back from me!
Tell them how I am defying gravity
I'm flying high, defying gravity
And soon I'll match them in renown
And nobody in all of Oz
No Wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!!
GLINDAI hope you're happy
CITIZENS OF OZ
Look at her
Bring me down!
CITIZENS OF OZ
No one mourns the wicked
So we got to bring her -
CITIZENS OF OZ--Down!