Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dan Man Report


Sorry, it's taken me this long to report back from my amazing experience at the 2009 Dan Man Trail Race, where I discovered just how crazy trail racing can really be...yet I really love it...so I've decided...oh yes....we are not supposed to give ourselves a nickname, but.....I couldn't help it. I've been told too many times that I'm like the energizer bunny...lots of energy...perhaps too much at times....so......dadadadadadadadadadadadadadada.....drum roll. please....I shall see myself as the Energizer Spud Bunny! :) What do you think? Please provide feedback in the comments section! :)
Since I had the energizer bunny name in my head from my 4-H nickname...I thought I'd research the potato head site...just in case I found something that related....low and behold...the picture you see in the post was there....waiting for me to claim it! :) I am either buying or ordering the little gem today. :0 )
Back to the Dan Man Race Report --- I had a blast running this race...low and behold...Jason and I beat out the Girl Group that was behind us...and shhhhhh a lot of the Piranha Team! :) I hate to say it, but I am very competitive...even though I am far off from being a professional racer or someone to beat...I still love to compete and get my juices flowing...BRING IT ON! :)
I couldn't believe how much sand, hills aka drop offs aka near death looking cliffs, smooth ground or as smooth as it could be, 57% grade that lasted miles ;)....plus anything and everything that covers leaves, trees, dirt, water and pipelines! It was definitely an experience that I am happy to say I was a part of...this is just the beginning of my trail racing career!
If you have not ran one, please try it out....it makes for a terrific, diverse challenge!

5 comments:

Bobby said...

Way to go Energizer Spud Bunny. Sounds like you are hooked. Now you just need to stay healthy.

T Z said...

E S B!!! What a fitting name! I am always glad when someone becomes hooked on trails.

BOCA said...

I love the ESB nickname, but I think you need to find a way to give your mascot go go gadget green shoes!!!

powerma said...

Way to go, Chrissy! I can't imagine being able to do that.
I like the ESB nickname.

orneryswife said...

How funny. And thanks for changing the font color to white--so I can read it!
tm