Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving's New Adventure

Thanksgiving is usually spent driving from one house to the next in order to spend as much time with family as possible, plus cramming in tons of food. Well, since our year has taken a huge detour in life…we will be taking a new adventure for Thanksgiving 2010.

Instead of a home cooked meal, we will be stuffing our faces at the Dixie Stampede in Branson, MO using no utensils…only our hands as the pilgrims did in the day when they first met the native americans of this blessed land we call home. Yes, they may have had their own made up utensils, but I will use the best ones ever created…yes…my two hands! I actually am super pumped about this adventure, but it does not stop there…..

Oh we have two day passes to…drum roll please…SILVER DOLLAR CITY. My hubby has never been…I know…shocker…he has gone through almost 30 years of life without experiencing such a grande place. I can't wait to ride the rides, take crazy pictures and enjoy the food and entertainment. It's been too long since I last was there….actually...it's been way toooooooo long. I know it's been more than a decade since I've been there.

So here's to praying and hoping that even through this crazy year…we can have some much needed fun times to get us through the holiday season. May each of you have an amazing adventure yourself no matter what you end up doing…just make sure you count your blessings!

No comments: