Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Get Your Race On



I decided to be a doer today and register for two of my favorite trail run I've ran before. It's been way too long since I've ran any race….my was when I was 8 weeks pregnant with Lilian Grace. We ran the Greece Marathon in November 2009. Yes, that is way to long for this runner girl to stay away from the racing world.

What races have I signed up for you ask? Well the lovely TATUR's Six Hour Snake Run and Lake McMurtry Trail Run. I just hope my lovely ankle will not get in my way of finishing these races out. As anyone with an injury should do, I am not expecting to pr in any race I do for at least another 6 months. I do expect to be able to at least run the races without a lot of pain.


The TATUR's Six Hour Race is perfect for my first race back. Why you ask? Well, there's no set distance for me. I just run for six hours and end up whatever mile at the end. It's perfect for me. The race takes place on Turkey Mountain in Tulsa, OK…love this place. It will be nice to be back with my running buddies working towards finishing my goal to actually participate in a race. Getting back on that saddle has been a rough road, but I will start out slow…pace slow…and finish strong with a slow mindset to get me through the six hours of running. I can't wait to see what happens…hopefully no injuries, especially since I am not getting my competitive juices flowing for the time being.

My goal is to just run when I can and keep moving when I can't until the time is up. It's be a fun adventure to see what my ankle and body can do during this time. Perhaps, the ankle is really good for me. We shall see! Bring on Saturday, March 19, 2011!

For more info: http://www.tatur.org/SixHourTaturRun.html


The TATUR's Lake McMurtry Race is another favorite race of mine. It takes place at Lake McMurtry Park West Side in Stillwater, OK. There are three distance options for this race: 15k, 25k or 50k. I am playing it safe by doing the 25k. This race isn't until Saturday, April 2, yet I still want to make sure my ankle doesn't get in my way. I need to be healthy for Lilian Grace's Warrior Princess Trail Run on Monday, April 25, 2011….so I need to be careful.

My goal for this race is to survive the terrain. I love this trail, but you never know what it's going to look like….especially after this crazy weather we've been having here in Oklahoma. I'm just pumped to be a part of my buddy, TZ's two races. Yep, he's the race director for both of these. He's also blessing us with designing the Warrior Princess Trail Run….I can't wait. He does an excellent job putting on races.

For more info: http://www.tatur.org/LMTR.html

There's so many great things about TZ, but an exceptional one is the fact that he's going to help train me for 103 miler race in memory of my daughter, Lilian Grace. If I hadn't hurt my ankle, we'd be training right now…life took a different turn, but I am not giving up…and neither is he! :) Pray that my body, mind and soul works with me through getting back on the racing "horse" so I can get to my ultimate dream of completing that 103 miles. I will keep you posted throughout this process.

Cheers to registering for my two races…and the completion of them. Running buddies…you know who you are…I have missed you with great lengths…I can't wait to run with you again.

No comments: