Sunday, December 2, 2007

Paintings of Life

This piece is something I wrote back in 2004. I ran across it today and thought I'd share. I hope you have a blessed week!

Ever think that the load God has given you is too heavy? Well, I have at several occasions in my life. I let the big picture swallow me without looking at the beauty that currently exists. See our paintings/life appear strange at times, yet a masterpiece is being painted as we speak.

I let my ignorance get in the way of the true view. That view is the key to speculating and deciphering what can not change…it exists in beautiful colors. These colors each represent a life experience full of happiness, sadness, joy, heartbreak, sweat, desire, passion, etc. When our painting/life has been lived…a magnificent piece of art is finalized for all to cherish and marvel for years to come.

A crazy thing that can happen, the best thing for you and me, is that we stop and enjoy each drop of color. We will never know for sure what color is next, where it will go and how it will mix with the previous painted strokes, yet it all will come together as time flies by.

God is more than talented. He gives us a taste for the love of art!!! He gives us explanation to every stroke, move, color choice and so forth. He is alert, yet we are not always. At least, I know I get lost in one section of my painting and forget the rest is being done right under my nose. I hate it when I miss out, yet He’s so gracious to catch me up!

No matter when we wake up to His work of art for our life, he guides us to take a step back and breathe. To be still and know that He has it planned out. It’s not our time to know it all! I’m so happy for the glimpses that I pay attention to when he catches my ear or eyes. SO wake up and pay attention!

The colors in your painting are mixed with bright and dark, yet it makes it all richer in color and worth so much more in the end!

1 comment:

orneryswife said...

Fine turn of phrase. I like to think He has already completed the painting and it is my responsibility and joy to uncover its beauty through the years. Either way, He is a master artist!
TM