Monday, January 5, 2009

Tagged a lonf time ago by Super Dave

Super Dave tagged me a long time ago...back in June...I had this in my saved draft section...and low and behold, I never did complete it....so SUPER DAVE...sorry it took me this long to respond...he requested that I answer 5 questions. My answers are below.

1- How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

Hmmm...10 years ago...that would be 1998...I would say hardly ever did I run...this was during my phase in life where I took point (ballet)...tried to start running to train for a marathon....didn't get too far in running...when I ended up with tendinitis in both legs. I had no idea what was happening to me...I just know I ended up having to crawl around to get myself to the Voo Doo Village...it was not pretty...so that ended running for a long time. Let's just say it is very important to have a good pair of running shoes that are not 5 years old...I know...bad Chrissy. I was only 20...I didn't know any better at the time..or I chose not to!

2-What is your best and worst run/race experience?

Okay, the worst had to be the first time I ran that 17 miles and felt major pain during the marathon training. I had no idea I could hurt so much...thank God for Super Dave and Crazy Joe...they helped me through that day...mostly Joe had to kick my butt to get me to finish...there was tears...pain...more tear...then joy.

The Best race....oh, I'll never forget crossing the finish line with Joe at the Route 66 Marathon in November 2007. It was such an amazing feeling that I shall never ever want to forget nor can. It's the greatest feeling to accomplish something so gigantic! When I had to watch Bobby finish at the 2008 one, it was bitter sweet. I was excited for him for finishing such an amazing thing....but I had tears knowing that I wasn't able to participate.

3- Why do you run?

I love being with my running family members. It's such a rush to add mileage and encourage others to push themselves to greater heights. I AM ADDICTED!

4- What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?
Best - Listen to your body.....definitely...it tells you everything! Tear = drink more water and get goo in your system!

Worst - You can't do it...it's too hard. I had many people tell me I was crazy and that running a long distance was not a good thing. I'm sure glad I did not listen to any of the haters out there! :)

5- Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
I have a tattoo on my hip!

Here are the rules:If you have been tagged, you will find your name at the end of this post. You should then copy the rules (or your version of them), and the set of questions onto your blog post, provide your own answers, and then tag up to 5 new people.Just to be sure that everyone tagged knows they have been invited to play, go to their blogs and leave them a special comment letting them know, and refer them to your blog for details.One more thing, once they've answered the questions on their own blog, they should come back to yours to tell you.

I'm not sure if you have answered this before. If so, let me know. I'll tag someone else!
1. Amy
2. Lisa
3. Deon
4. Bobby
5. Susan

No comments: